Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The War of Gog and Magog

Let me first make a disclaimer--I am not a Bible scholar, so if there is anything you read on this blog you want to verify, please, by all means--open your Bible and find the answers. As mentioned before, I have been reading about end times stuff and believe others need to be aware of it. Only God knows the time and hour, but Jesus told us of signs to watch for--so obviously he wanted us to be on the look out!

I recently read about the War of Gog and Magog; had never read about it before. It is amazing how long you can read God's word and continue learning (or maybe I am just a slow learner!). Anywho, I wanted to post this topic because it is so relevant in current events. Ezekiel 38 talks about this war and for reasons I will not attempt to bore you with in this post, Magog is Russia. Gog is the ruler of Magog (Russia). To very briefly sum this prophecy up, Russia and Iran (along with their allies) will team up and attack Israel. With Putin and Ahmadinejad already being chummy-chummy and helping each other out in the nuclear warfare department, doesn't seem too far off, eh? Especially after hearing Ahmadinejad's comments about wiping Israel off the face of the map.

My point is this--this could begin TODAY! I believe and pray this won't happen until after the Rapture, but I'm not God so I can't say for certain. Because we don't know for certain, we have to make a decision about Jesus today. We do not want to be left behind to suffer the Tribulation. I hope to write more about the Tribulation soon.

As I said in a previous post, I would love to hear back from anyone who may be reading this! Please feel free to comment or email me. :)
As a side note, two of the books I have been reading on this topic are What in the World Is Going On? by David Jeremiah and Epicenter by Joel Rosenberg. I highly recommend both.


No comments:

Post a Comment