Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Be Ready!!

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect..." 1 Peter 3:15

This morning a lovely Jehovah's Witness lady knocked on my door. Guess what she wanted to tell me about?! The end times!! She said they believe we are living in the end times and wanted to give me information on how to study my Bible and know how to "survive" during the end times. If you have read much of my blog at all, you know that my favorite thing to do is talk about scripture. So I welcomed the conversation.

I patiently waited while she went through her "talk." When she finished I informed her that I have no fear of the end times, for I know Jesus is my Savior and Lord Who died on the cross as a sacrifice for my sins. I said this while anticipating her reaction: "Well, I believe Jesus is our Savior--but I do not believe He is God." This led to a lovely discussion of the Bible that went round and round. For instance, how can a mere man save you?? I will spare you all of the details, because that is not the point of this post. The point is that this incident reminded me how important it is for each of us to know God's Word and know what it is we believe so we are ready to lovingly tell others God's truth (part of that being that Jesus is God incarnate!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment