Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Gospel of John

"Sanctify them by the truth; YOUR WORD IS TRUTH." John 17:17

It always amazes me how God tells you exactly what you need to hear, when you need to hear it. Sometimes it is something you never knew, but often times it is something you already know and God wants to reassure you of it. Last night as I was doing my Bible study, the lesson was about how God's word is truth. Truth isn't relative, it isn't what we think in our head, or what we hope it to be. Truth is God's word. The above verse from John was discussed in the lesson and it was perfect timing.

I had been wanting to mention this study because it really is one of a kind. Pull Up a Chair: You, Me, and the Gospel of John is a great study that goes all the way through the Book of John--chapter by chapter. I love it because it is simple and straightforward. It clearly teaches God's truth and plan of salvation. It is especially good for someone new to the Bible, but I think it is great for a seasoned Christian, as well. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment