Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Proof

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13: 34-35

In addition to telling others the Good News of salvation in Jesus, we are called to demonstrate it in another way: love. Jesus said that others will know we are His followers if we love each other. We are to love our brothers and sisters in Christ the same way Jesus loves us. What a high standard to meet!

Today I am praying for God to help me to make it a priority to demonstrate love above all other things. Not the emotional, feel good, passionate kind of love. The love that Jesus demonstrated--sacrificial love. Love that puts others before myself. Love that costs me everything and you nothing. I'm thankful Jesus provides us such a perfect, worthy example.

No comments:

Post a Comment