Friday, July 17, 2009

He's Coming Back!

In a previous post I had mentioned the rapture. Well, right now I am going through a study on the Book of John. We are in chapter 14 and just came across this verses:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John14:1-3

Jesus promised that while He would leave for a period of time to prepare a place for us in heaven, He would come back and take us to be with Him.

A description of the rapture is given in the New Testament:

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

God promises that Jesus will return and first take the dead in Christ and then us who are alive now. It could happen at anytime. Jesus said He will come like a thief in the night---when we are least expecting it.

I'm thankful for Jesus and His promise to come back and get us. And when we are in the middle of our daily struggles and stresses, we are to use this promise to encourage each other. What are you dealing with today? Does it have eternal consequences? Take comfort in the fact that in the twinkling of an eye all our problems will disappear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment